I have finished all the circles I am going to get completed before returning to class. The notebook is full!
This one is circles within circles and uses several Celtic design that I found online.
This one reminds me of candy. I used some new Stabilo 3 in 1 pencils that I got to see how they worked. They are like a cross between a crayon and a pencil and you can wet them down to get a watercolor effect.
This one reminds me of bubbles. I used a white pen over a colored piece of paper.
This is a card I made today for my friend’s birthday. I had already created the eco print and then used permanent pens and water color to create a bit more depth. I just cut it down and attached it to a card today.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
I have a bunch of eco prints that need some line or color added to them. One is a print of tarragon that didn’t really turn out all that well so I decided it could use some work.
Here you can see that I am working on the bottom half. The eco print was pretty blurry and so I used a permanent marker in sepia to add in details.
Here’s the entire piece. You can click on the photos to see them larger.
Here’s a little closer view of the top half.
And the bottom half. I like the results. Now I just need to decide how to frame it.
And I thought you might like to see the bedspread that we found for the newly painted room that I showed you last week. We also found matching lamps and bedside tables. So it is complete except I need to take the old fabric off the headboard. I might add gray fabric or I might just add a little bit darker stain to match the bedside tables a bit more. I am happy it’s almost done!
I finally got all the eco prints that I embellished scanned in to the computer. Although these look the same size, some are 5″ x 7″ and some are 4″ x 6″. The smaller ones are the ones that I have signed. I did frame the smaller ones but I couldn’t get good photos with the prints in the frames. So I took them all out and scanned them in to the computer.
I really like adding a bit of color to the natural leaf print colors. And the black outlines seems to make the leaves pop. Now to get some frames for the 5″ x 7″ ones. And I still have some even bigger ones that I haven’t embellished yet.
I was busy this weekend with University of Montana Grizzly Football and Homecoming. I am not an alumni but it is still a fun weekend. Didn’t get much fiber art done except for making the usual felted cat toys during the two hour car trip down to Missoula.
I have framed a bunch of my eco prints that I embellished. I took photos of all 6 but the only photo that turned out was this one. This is the purple carrots print, I added Tombow pen, watercolors and colored pencil. I will try again on the photos of the others and post them later.