I have continued stitching on the lupines. I added fly stitch to the Indian Paintbrush. It’s many stitches piled on top of each other. For those of you who haven’t done fly stitch, there’s a tutorial here. I used the stitch in a very random manner with different length “arms” and long “stems” so it doesn’t really look like the example in the tutorial at all.
Here’s the full piece now. You can click on the photo to enlarge it. I have also added some leaves to the lupine in the foreground. I used detached chain stitch for the leaves.
And here’s a closer view. I am going to add a few more lupine leaves in the background with thinner threads and then I think it is finished. Hope you have a great weekend!