Last week I showed you my iris piece and asked for suggestions. I got some good ones and added more layers this week.
Here’s what it looked like last week. The orange/red was just too over powering. I had suggestions to add more detail to the iris to make it more of a focal point as well as to add some darker shades of green.
So I added another layer of green paint mainly over the red/orange. You can still see it, but it isn’t overpowering.
I also added some white to the iris with a white gel pen. I drew in a vine with leaves with dark green gel pen. Not really sure I like it but I think it is finished. I will put it away and look at it later with fresh eyes. Perhaps it will grow on me. I actually like the cropped version of it better than the whole piece.