I had never put stretcher bars together before but it was pretty simple. I ordered extra support bars since the piece is so long and narrow. The supports help keep it square.
Here it is. This is a terrible photo but we’re having a blizzard here so I couldn’t take it outside. I’ll have to get some better photos later. I decided against the leaf sprigs. I also had a suggestion to add a more prominent flower as a center of interest. I did try a few but didn’t like them so I just left it as it is.
I have shown this piece before but I really didn’t like the leaves. I had previously made really long leaves that looked like tulip leaves. So I tore them off and cut them up and now I think it looks more like rose leaves. I just need to glue them down now.
I have still been working in my circles sketchbook. This is one of the pages that I have done with markers. The background was a breakdown screen print from our mammoth screen printing session. Hope you have a good weekend and thanks for stopping by!