I finally took photos of my encaustic pieces that I made last week. It is hard to get a good photo since they are so shiny.
This one I used a stencil to add some sparkly powder stuff that I always forget the name. Then I did a shellac burn on top of that. You can see where the shellac burned on the right side. It makes it more textured.
This one is using branches to make impressions in the wax. I showed you some of the steps in my last post.
This piece I started a long time ago. It is for the 3rd quarter challenge on the Felting and Fiber Studio. Karen challenged us to do a mixed media piece. I want to add some metal. I thought I might use it to attach the stitched piece to the wood. I had considered putting encaustic wax on the fabric but all of my group advised against it, so I didn’t. Perhaps I will cover it with gel medium to make it stronger. I need to get this finished before the end of September. So I’ll have to make up my mind soon.