I worked most of the day competing my homework for Level 1 Color Studies. And it is finally finished.
All of the pages just barely fit back together. The first comment from Dennis was “This book is heavy.”
I was going to use this as the cover but decided to use the original one instead. I put this one in front of the section on color wheels.
This is the page on painting neutrals to match a photo. This was really difficult to do and get colors that are similar.
This section is about finding paint chips to match an object. I had a hard time with this exercise as well because nothing really seemed to match.
The other problem with this exercise is that when I printed the photo of the object, the color wasn’t even close. I fiddled with the first photo to get it to match the real color. I left the purple vase photo as it printed out so it looks nothing like the paint chips.
I enjoyed this exercise. I mixed and painted a variety of colors that I thought worked. Then I put them into a color scheme. I also found some fabric and threads that worked.
Then I made two more color schemes. One with more blue violet and one with more green. I like the one on the right best.
After I finished the color notebook, I cut up a large Kantha piece into three squares. I am going to lace these and then they will be in an auction to raise money for a new exhibit space at the Gail Harker Center for Creative Arts.