DDF – Day 15

It has been really slow at the store for the last few days so I got quite a bit of stitching completed. I’m working on my applique samples since I still haven’t gotten the backs on my bead book pages. I did get a few of those fused down this morning and I plan on fusing the rest tonight. Then I can start on binding the edges.

 I finished the stitching on the cover for my applique book. I am undecided on whether I will add anything else to this or not. I don’t like that the cut pieces have the shape of a face. I didn’t see that when I first cut it out but now that someone mentioned it, I can’t unsee the face. I’m not sure what I can do to change it at this point though.

Here is the second applique piece I started stitching today. If you’ve been following along, this is the piece that I designed by playing with black and white shapes in this post. I used wool felt that Jan gave me – Thanks Jan! Normally we are to use our own hand dyed felt for homework so hopefully this will be OK even though it is commercial felt. I thought since it was such a traditional type of design that the commercial felt looked good. Plus I really liked the colors and the heathery appearance. I guess I’ll find out when I go back in February. Thanks for stopping by!

Advertisements

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear your comments so please let me know what you think.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s