I used red because I had a bunch of red dyed trying to get the right shade of maroon for Grizzly stuff. Although this is a very strange looking, I’m pleased with the effort. I learned a lot about shaping. I realized that I didn’t need all those bumpy out bits on the resist and I need to remember to add more length if I am doing the folds. It only took me a few hours to make and I’m excited to try some more. Next time, I’m doing a simpler resist shape.
Here’s a thank you card that I made today for my hubby to send to a business associate. He sent us three bottles of wine from his wineries. I’m not sure how we got on his gift list. This is the first time we’ve received anything from him. But we needed a card so I whipped one up from dyed papers that I had made previously and a small square of fabric that was a sample for bags that I order for the store sometimes.
I also worked on my page for the January book page swap. The theme for Johoanna’s page is “The Goddess Within”. I can’t show any photos yet as it is to be a surprise. I made it on the needle felting machine and now I’m going to add some hand stitching. Then it will be sent off to Australia.