Revision of Crazy Horse


I have revised this piece today. It is called Vision Quest. If you look at this post, you can see what I had originally done. I really didn’t like the shield portion as it seemed too overpowering and took away from the overall feel of the piece.


So I thread sketched a horse instead of the shield and I really like the change. I wanted a “dream” portion of the piece but could never figure out a good way to depict it. I think this is more what I was going for.


Of course, if you read this blog, you’ll recognize the horse. It’s the same one I did last week. I did go ahead and use the Stitch and Tear on the reverse side as many people had suggested. I wanted to use a soluble fabric but I didn’t have any and I wanted to get this completed. It worked fine from the back side, only one small bobbin goof up which luckily you can’t really see. I did more sketches yesterday for making more thread sketched animals. So you’ll be seeing more of these once I get more felt made.

Advertisements

4 thoughts on “Revision of Crazy Horse

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear your comments so please let me know what you think.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s